Thursday, July 05, 2012

Cupcake Sale

My girls wanted to make a little cash this summer. Hallie had the brilliant idea of charging her friends to color $0.25 to color in her coloring books. I explained to her that she needed to come up with an idea that others wanted and needed. Not one that just took advantage of playmates. I suggested cupcakes. They’ve had two so far and have made $60. Not bad for two little girls, huh?

DSC_0504 copy watermark

DSC_0502 copy

The above is obviously red velvet cupcakes. I used the cake and cream cheese frosting recipe found in The Family Baking Book. I gotta quit blogging so much about that awesome book. Sorry.

And the below is classic Hershey’s cupcakes on the side of the cocoa can. A one-bowl cake from scratch? Yes, please. The frosting recipe is also on the box of the Hershey’s unsweetened chocolate squares. We mixed it with the leftover cream cheese frosting. Chocolate on chocolate. Yum.

DSC_0507 copy 

I didn’t remember to take my camera out until the end of the bake sale. Not many cupcakes are left. They made moo-lah!

DSC_0509 copy

1 comment:

Mary said...

Those little baking entrepreneurs are taking after their mom. So great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...