Friday, April 23, 2010

Keeping Calm

keep calm
These posters were apparently famous during WW2 in England. I say apparently because I wasn’t alive then, despite what my children think. This poster is from Paa Puu Prints on etsy. Any who….I started selling this pillow a while back. I probably sold 10 or so.  It takes about 35 minutes to embroider, which is a long time for my impatient self. I thought it was rather plain though. And it sure needed that cute crown!
keep calm 2
So I drew out a crown, chose a better font (Opus Chords is the name) with serifs, and here is my new design. For some reason Opus Chords looks like this when I type in a word processing program: The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog. I read music but that’s just plain jibberish! Glad I didn’t end up needing a letter “b” or “x” I guess! (Stop rambling Cynthia!)
keep calm designs 002 copy


This one takes about 40 minutes to embroider. Gag. That’s risky because 40 minutes is a long time for everything to go perfect in embroidery world. (I invariably snap a thread or lose tension and have to play doctor to fix it.) But I love it. The pillow and embroidery design are available in my shop now. The real question you all want to know is, “Cynthia, will you be having one of these pillows in your own home?” Err…..I dunno. I take a strong stance against any home decor which could make me feel guilty.  You’ll never see vinyl lettering in my house that reads “Happiness makes a Home” or whatever because inevitably I’ll see that stupid vinyl art (or pillow in this case) while I’m yelling at my kids. Then I’d feel hypocritical. But I do love this design….maybe I’ll make an exception?

4 comments:

City Chic Country Mouse said...

Love the font and the crown! You know you have patience if you can embroider for 40 minutes! Have a wonderful weekend!

LaurieJ said...

That is one of my favorite sayings, and, yes, the WWII story is true. I have this on a neckalce, a notebook, a poster, and could probably use it on a pillow :-)

jessica said...

*snort* which is why I can't have an IMLDSRU bumper sticker or a CTR bumper sticker because someone will see it when I'm coasting through a stopsign or cutting someone off...

Jessica F said...

Love this! I love that turquoise dresser too...i want one! :) hehe

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...