Sunday, June 07, 2009

The Dallas Burger

DSC_0045To fuel my obsession with all things cooking, I decided to subscribe to Booby Flay_074497.tifthe new food network magazine. I bought the premier issue last fall, loved it, so signed on for 3 yrs. Only $30 bucks for the three years, not bad I say. Don’t I just look obsessed (or posessed?) reading the magazine? Why subscribe to a magazine when I can get the recipes for free at foodtv.com? Well, I love to pack around my magazines/cookbooks when grocery shopping. So when the June/July issue arrived with a giganto burger on the front cover I quickly turned to the burger article and saw this recipe for the Dallas Burger. Yea, a burger smothered in cole slaw and BBQ sauce! I’ve made it twice and will so make it again. The kids even love it. Miracle. I did use ground turkey both times though….and good old Bull’s Eye BBQ sauce because I was fresh out of ancho chile powder. Next time I’ll make it just like Bobby says. I’m sure I’ll love it even more made with yummy fatty beef. And from now on I’ll be adding grated onion to my coleslaw. Magic! So fire up your grill and give it a go. Can’t wait to try the rest of the burger recipes in the article.

3 comments:

Candy said...

yum-flipping-o.

Anonymous said...

Cynthia, I love that pic of you! Ha ha ha!

Love,
Patty

Ilene said...

Not good to read when one is starving.

Off to raid the pantry...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...